Access BEL Namespaces and Annotations in bel.rb. This is accomplished using RDF data and combines an RDF Repository layer with an object model API.
* RDF Repositories directly use the API provided by the [rdf](https://github.com/ruby-rdf/rdf) gem. These objects provide an API for query by basic graph pattern (bgp) or SPARQL. Potential RDF repository integrations:
- SPARQL endpoint (over HTTP)
- Sesame (over HTTP)
- DataObjects (Relational Databases)
- Redland (not implemented yet, could be implemented using ruby bindings to librdf)
- Apache Jena, in process (not implemented, JRuby only)
* Provide extensions in bel.rb or otherwise to load and create these repositories. Using the extension mechanism here is intended as convenience to the developer.
Rough component sketch