- Make manual entry of Citations easier - currently 3 fields are required
- Ideally Citation should require the minimal amount of information to unambiguously identify the journal article, book, etc. cited
- Should need only (1) a type of ID and (2) an unambiguous ID
- Expand types of Citations to include DOI
BEL v1.0 Citation Annotation format
The Citation Annotation requires an ordered list composed of a comma separated list containing up to 6 fields. The first 3 fields - 'Type', 'Name', and 'Reference/ID' - are required. The remaining fields - 'Date', 'Authors', 'Comments' - are optional.
Supported types are "Book", "PubMed", "Journal", "Online Resource", or "Other"
- The 'Name' field is allowed to have different values for the same citation Reference/ID
- The expected contents of the name field are not clearly defined
- The 'Date' field requires YYYY-MM-DD format, which includes information not available via PubMed for a large number of articles
- No major changes in format
- Add "DOI" and "URL" as accepted types
- Remove requirement for "Name" field (can leave empty, but require as placeholder)