Convert BEL to an RDF data model to store richer semantics and enhance our query capabilities.
The following use cases are in mind:
- Connect to life sciences dataset (e.g. owl:sameAs for namepaces, annotations)
- Namespace canonicalization and translation
- Validation of BEL syntax and semantics
- Extract subsets of BEL knowledge (e.g. by biological context, by citation, by curation method, etc.)
- Orthologize BEL knowledge
- Identify contradicting knowledge based on signal propagation along pathways
The following data types need to be converted to RDF to support these uses.
bel2rdf: (obsolete; use bel.rb) Initial proof-of-concept code to convert BEL to RDF
bel.rb (master branch): BEL to RDF conversion being merged into ruby gem as an optional feature.